I have a HUGE sweet tooth! In all honesty, food has always been my weakness. That’s why the change my husband and I made over this past year has been so difficult. We have tried to follow a mostly vegan/ anti-inflammatory diet to help with my auto-immune disease and the symptoms.
Because of this, we have tried to find recipes that fill our tummies, while satisfying the cravings that come our way.
Let’s be real, my husband is not the one that craves food. He eats to live, while I live to eat. Food is fine for him, nothing that he truly cares about. That’s why I cannot go to him, asking what he thinks about a recipe. When I do, I get a reply that is something like this:
It was fine.
Yep, fine. That is what I get about EVERYTHING! Unless it is bad, and he freely tells me so as we laugh. I have made some stinkers in our experiments!
This recipe I came up with and wanted to share. We have been using our Nutribullet 900 every day, making smoothies and soups. I hate salads, and this gets tons of greens in my tummy!
I made this dessert smoothie as a snack for us, and it turned out well. My husband’s response was, “It smells like fart, but tastes really good!” Oh, how he makes me smile! He also told me it tasted like a peanut butter milkshake. No matter the taste, I love it!
There are tons of ways you can make this, but this is what I did. I know many avoid using the microwave, but we are busy and I like convenience. I mean, to make our breakfast/lunch smoothie, dinner soup, this snack smoothie, and do dishes, I was in the kitchen 2 hours this morning! If using the microwave saves me time, I do it!
Without further ado, here is my latest experiment. I hope you enjoy!
Sweet Potato Soufflé Smoothie
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut up into chunks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sunflower butter (you can use any nut butter of your choice)
- After peeling and chopping sweet potatoes into large chunks, place in bowl. Cover with water, and microwave until soft (For me it took about 10 minutes. Time may vary for your microwave. Or you can just steam it on the stovetop. Whatever you do, you want them soft 🙂 )
- When finished, remove from microwave and allow to cool.
- Place in Nutribullet or other blender, with maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nut butter. Add water to max fill line and blend until smooth.
- Drink and enjoy!
There you have it! It was easy, and satisfied my afternoon sweet tooth! The sweetness was subtle, but was what I needed. Hope you enjoy!
What satisfies your sweet cravings? I’d love to hear any recipes you enjoy! Don’t forget to comment or reach out to me on:
To always stay up-to-date on Stories of Petey, sign-up with your e-mail to get notifications on my latest blogs.